Friday 1 November 2013

It's Been Awhile....

Yes, it's been awhile since I have posted on this site and I hope you will all forgive me!  I had to make a trip back home to Victoria and now that I am booked with a return flight, daughter Caitlin and grandpuppy Mr. Man in tow, I feel I am ready to think about our journey once again.

In the meantime, Gregg has been taking care of "our girl".  The generator is now fixed and the head's have been maintained and she is working her way back down the east coast of the USA to the point where launch will be made back across the Gulf Stream and into the Bahamas.

When thinking about the idea of me coming home on my own and Gregg staying with the boat it seemed like "no big deal" as Gregg was becoming quite competent in terms of single handing anyway and who knew how much longer it would be before our Gennie was completely repaired?  It may be just a couple of weeks hanging "on the hook" in Wrightsville Beach so no worries, mon!

Of course, as situations develop, days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months and life aboard can become pretty lonesome when you're all alone.  The good news, though, is that our friend, Tom Cook, who many of you  know, kindly offered to join the Captain and has been crewing alongside Gregg for a while now!



Thanks so much, Tom, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in Freeport in a couple of weeks!

Until next time...

Love and hugs,
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment