Saturday 15 February 2014

Here we go with another first!




So we have been here in George Town for five days and are heading out in the morning on our first overnight passage!  We are on our way to Mayaguana and the weather forecast is looking good.  I will be honest in telling you, dear reader, that I have not been keen for this day though I knew it would come.  I mean really, sailing?  At night?  Staying up for hours on end and, I might add, staying awake, sitting at the helm, when what you really, really want to do is climb into your cozy berth and sleep the night away?  Well, the Captain tells me you are not an official sailor until you have done at least one overnight, so here we go!  The good news is that we have found ourselves a buddy boat.  A delightful young family who we will sail with and this gives me great confidence!  Not confidence that the event will be without it's moments, but at least we won't be out here on this big blue marble all on our own! 
On another note, Gregg joined the other 200 or so cruisers on the beach and played a few games of volleyball!  What a trooper!  All good fun and it looks like there is quite the community here with folks from hither and yon, just passing the winter with other sailors. 
Please accept my apologies for no pictures this go around but it seems I can't get them to upload.  :o(  Stay tuned, hopefully my next effort will be successful!

Until next time.....

Love and hugs,
Shelley and Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment